Skip to main content

PLASTIC








Have you ever thought about why legislators are trying to prevent a ban on plastic bag use? Plastic is manufactured by oil companies  with the chemical BPA and generates billions of dollars in revenue every year. Once plastic is made, it can never be broken down. It NEVER goes away. The plastic bag you used 10 years ago is floating around somewhere in the ocean getting ingested by animals. There are millions of tons of plastic floating around our oceans and affecting our animals and our planet. Plastic is a transport for harmful chemicals which cause cancer, diabetes, and other illnesses. The fish that you eat for dinner has very likely been contaminated by these toxins because of the high amount of plastic in our oceans. 

BPA is everywhere. The receipt the cashier handed you was covered with BPA and is now in your body. BPA also contains estrogen. Girls are starting puberty at a younger age because of the high amounts of estrogen in plastic which we drink water from every day.

Anyway you look at it, it is affecting our health, our animals, and our environment.   STOP USING PLASTIC. I didn’t know any of this until I watched the documentary Plastic Paradise. They go in an in-depth look at where all the plastic we use ends up and how it is affecting our community. It even shows high ranking officials at these oil companies trying to lie about how the plastic is not doing any harm. 

I’m sure 95% of the population is like me and doesn’t know just how harmful plastic is. Next time you go to the grocery store, do not use plastic bags. It starts with us as consumers and the more people that don’t use plastic, the less there will be a need for it. If everyone can make at least one simple change like not using plastic bags at the grocery store, it will reduce the amount of waste we create for the planet. Everything ends up somewhere so please think about what you are buying before you do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Throwback Thursday

My Throwback Thursday song for the night is "Get By" by Talib Kweli. This has always been one of my favorite rap songs. Not just because it has a great sound, but the I love the message. For anyone who has struggled for anything, you can relate to this song. Kweli murders his lyrics and the result is an inspirational song.  " This morning, I woke up Feeling brand new, I jumped up Feeling my highs and my lows In my soul and my goals Just to stop smoking and stop drinking I've been thinking, I've got my reasons Just to get by, just to get by Just to get by, just to get by"

Make America Think Again

What happened to the days when you could agree to disagree? When you wanted to be in a room full of people with different opinions so that you could have an intellectual conversation and stimulate the growth of your mind? When everyone didn’t feel the need to say you’re wrong and fire you from their life because you thought differently? Today, people get offended by everything. You can’t say anything without pissing someone off. I would imagine this has always been the case but no one ever spoke up about it. I’ve been surrounded by people with different views my whole life. Been a Democrat, a republican, only to realize I live in the gray. I can’t fit all of my ideals in to one box so I live outside of it. Since I have been on both sides, I see both points of view. I know the argument someone else will make before they even make it. I respect everyone’s opinion. Since we are all entitled to that— our opinion. I’ve researched so many theories, watched a lot of documentaries, spent hou...

Fall Fragrance Wish List

There are so many fragrances I want right now!!! I made a list of my top five and where you can purchase them.  I love these scents more than anything right now and could smell them all day. What would be your top five? 1. Viktor & Rolf 'Flowerbomb'- Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom 2. Givenchy 'Dahlia Noir'- Sephora, Macy's 3. Gucci 'Guilty'- Sephora, Macy's, Ulta 4. Yves Saint Laurent 'Manifesto'- Macy's, Ulta 5. Jimmy Choo 'Jimmy Choo'- Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy's, Ulta I love all of these perfumes because they smell feminine and seductive. If perfumes could smell seductive, these ones would. All of them have a long-lasting scent, too. The biggest mistake I use to make was to buy tons of perfume from Victoria's Secret, which smells great in the store, but fades within the hour. Paying a higher dollar for one of the five above is well worth it and will last you. You get what you pay for, especially wi...