Skip to main content

Top 5 Best Dressed NBA Draft Picks

In the last twenty years, something incredible has happened with NBA and fashion. I like to think it all started when Allen Iverson brought his hip-hop influenced style to the NBA and it has evolved quite a bit since then. Possibly my two favorite things in this World are the NBA and fashion so I have compiled a list of my top five best dressed NBA draft picks. In the words of Russell Westbrook, why not?


Adam Silver and Devin Booker at 2015 NBA Draft
5. Devin Booker-2015 Phoenix Suns
The color coordination here is impeccable
Image result for lebron james nba draft
4. Lebron James- 2003 Cleveland Cavaliers
All white- bold choice my friend. I'm not mad.
Image result for shaquille o neal nba draft
3. Shaquille O'Neal- 1992 Orlando Magic
This is pretty phenomenal considering it was 1992.
Image result for brandon ingram draft
2. Brandon Ingram- 2016 Los Angeles Lakers
Sleek and flashy. Perfect for LA.
Image result for d'angelo russell nba draft
1. D'Angelo Russell- 2015 Los Angeles Lakers
Red, white, and a bowtie. Just how our founding fathers envisioned.

Three out of five of the people on my list have played in Los Angeles so it's fair to say LA knows how to dress. And yes, the NBA draft picks have come quite a long way since the early 90's and even 2000's with their fashion sense. The future is getting bolder, brighter, and better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lady In Red

This season is one of my favorites because you can take any a winter outfit and subtract a few layers and have a Fall favorite!!!! I love this dress because it is one of the most comfortable things to wear. I paired it with some brown combat boots to make it more casual. You can take a pair of heels to dress up the look and turn it from day to night and add a scarf or pea coat for some added layers and warmth. Besides natural colors, red is one of my favorite for Fall/Winter. This shade of red goes perfect with brown tones so you can easily see why it's great for Fall. For my eyeshadow, I used the Lorac Tantalizer Glow To Go collection with eyeshadows in tahitian sand, barbados bronze, and costa rican coffee. I also used creep from the naked palette on my outer creases to blend in the smokey eye effect. I am wearing Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad in bisque for my face make up. I love this product because it gives just enough coverage to even out my skin tone and you ca

Instagram: Filters, Angles, and Asses

Just when society had finally figured out all of the advertisements in magazines were setting unrealistic ideals by using photoshop, along comes Instagram. Filters upon filters and editing applications that allow you to give yourself a glowy look and remove imperfections. Go from looking basic, to Beyonce, in a matter of seconds. To take things even further, we don't even know what's real anymore. I follow a bunch of fitness pages and see big asses upon gigantic asses claiming to have grown by doing squats. For the asses that are real, they are impressive.  But after watching a few videos of butt augmentations, I am convinced half of the booty pictures I see on Instagram are fake. So why do I care? Because I work out hard at the gym and have made some big improvements, but still wonder how some people grow asses over night and compare myself to that standard like most other people. With the popularity of IG, has grown the amount of people who are body builders. Ho

You're Still My Chosen One

I awoke to a New Years Day surprise with Kanye West releasing his new single, “Only One.” I couldn't help but fight the feeling of my  eyes watering up as I read the emotionally charged lyrics Kanye posted on his website with the song.  I held back tears in feeling empathy, anticipation and excitement.  Listening to the song, I forget that it is Kanye singing from the perspective of his late mother, Donda West,   and not actually her voice. You can feel his pain, loss, and heartache with the intimate view on what goes on inside his head now that he has had his first child. “Only One” features Paul McCartney accompanying on keyboard in the background which is a much different tune from Yeezus , where he screamed and yelled his misogynistic point-of-view throughout the album.  This song makes me wonder: is the new album going to be the next 808’s & Heartbreak ? Will the entire album be Kanye singing, or just this song?  The one thing that is evident in every Ka